Amoxicillin For injection 500mg, 1G
Amoxicillin is indicated for the treatment of the following infections in adults and children (see sections 4.2, 4.4 and 5.1):
• Severe infections of the ear, nose and throat (such as mastoiditis, peritonsillar infections, epiglottitis, and sinusitis when accompanied by severe systemic signs and symptoms)
• Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
• Community acquired pneumonia
• Acute cystitis
• Acute pyelonephritis
• Severe dental abscess with spreading cellulitis
• Prosthetic joint infections
• Lyme disease
• Bacterial meningitis
• Bacteremia that occurs in association with, or is suspected to be associated with, any of the infections listed above
Amoxicillin is also indicated for the treatment and prophylaxis of endocarditis.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.